Welcome to Dance 2022/23
3540 Opie Crescent Prince George BC
Hi all! We are so very thrilled to be starting our 40th official season with you! So much has happened throughout the
years but one thing is certain: Enchainement Dance Centre’s humble beginnings could not have foreseen the amazingly
busy and truly exceptional place it has become! The number of people who have walked through our doors is staggering.
I continue to greet, meet and re-meet folks who have been part of the studio family in some way or another; whether it be
as students, parents, grandparents, friends, show enthusiasts, and the list goes on.
This year we are thrilled to welcome back teachers from educational experiences and maternity leaves. We are also
thrilled to have the ability to give some wonderful teachers some space to take a lower workload. There are so many
important responsibilities that go on in people’s lives. We pride ourselves in understanding how important it is for people
to live and embrace diverse lifestyles as well as maintain a healthy work/life balance
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
September 5th-8th – RAD/ CDTA Exam Prep Week
September 11th – First Day of Classes
September 15th & 16th – Open Auditions for Judy Russell Present- Summer 2024 Production
September 17th – Auditions for 2023 Nutcracker Ballet
September 30th – Observation of Day of Truth and Reconciliation-Studio Open- Schedule of Events to come
October 7th – 9th -Closed for Thanksgiving Weekend
October 25th-31st -(Wednesday to Tuesday) Halloween Week-wear your costume to class
November 11th– Closed for Remembrance Day
December 14th-17th -Judy Russell & the PGSO present: The Nutcracker
December 16th- January 1st – Closed for Christmas Holidays
January 2rd – First Day back after Christmas Holidays
February 19th – Closed for Family Day (Open on Saturday, February 18th for Classes)
March 16th – April 1st – Closed for Spring Break & Easter
March 16th-22nd -Prince George Dance Festival-Vanier Hall
April 2nd – First Day back after Spring Break / Easter
April 21st – Performers North Fundraiser Show
May 18th-20th – Closed for Victoria Day Weekend
June 21st-22nd – EDC Year End Recital
June 22th – Last Day of Classes
**** Classes run on all SD57 Pro D Days!!
Policies and Procedures
- You are registering for a dance season that runs 36 weeks over 10 months, Sept – June. Monthly payments equal 1/10 of the annual cost and may not necessarily reflect the number of actual classes in any given month.
- Each dancer registering for Full Year classes will be charged a Registration Fee of $35+ GST upon registration.
- Dancers will be charged a recital costume fee of $125 + GST/ PST. One fee will be charged for each class (only one fee will be charged for multiple ballet classes)
- A pre-authorized monthly payment is due on the 1st of each month from the Sept -June.
- Dancers registering for 10 Week Introductory classes will be charged for the entire session upon registration. No registration fee will be charged.
- All automatic payments declined for any reason will incur an NSF fee of $30.00. This includes Credit Cards.
- Registration for more than 15 hours of class time must be pre-approved by Judy Russell.
- No fee adjustment is made for missed classes except with a doctor’s note.
Notice must be given in writing or by email. An email reply from the studio will complete your
All withdrawals and/or class changes take effect on the 30th of the month with 30 days prior notice
HEALTHY STUDIO POLICY
We strive to keep the studio as Healthy an Environment as possible. If you or a member of your family
have been sick and/or display symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone with
Covid-19 symptoms, you are restricted from entering the studio or attending classes. Further, if your
child is unwell for any other reason, please keep them at home.
SAFETY DROP AND GO
We have developed a “Safety Drop and Dance” policy for all dancers.
- We ask that parents and guardians of dancers ages 8 and up not enter the lobby unless absolutely necessary.
- Parents and guardians of dancers ages 3 – 7 should accompany their child to class and then leave the building.
- As dancers become more comfortable with their surroundings, we ask that if you do not need to enter the building, please don’t.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to class time.
- Please be on time for pick up.
We are very excited to have so many students in the studio. We are working to
create a new format for Classroom Observation Days. Stayed tuned for more info!
YEAR END RECITAL
Year End Recital will be held June 21 and 22 at Vanier Hall (PGSS).
Watch for more details coming after Christmas Break.
Parking is limited at peak times. Russell AV is running operations from behind their building at the rear of the property. Please be careful when coming around the back of the dance studio building. Don’t forget to give Bill, Jon and Darren a wave!
- Please refrain from parking in the lots of our neighbours. They will have you towed.
- Please do not park on the sides of the building. Parking is avilaable on the street and in the front and rear of the building.
- Please be aware of your surroundings. The parking lot can be busy so, PLEASE, watch for pedestrians.
Change rooms are meant for changing and should not be used as “hangouts”. It is important
that these remain quiet spaces so as to not interrupt classes. Please do not come to class extra
early to spend time in the change room.
Female under 13 (born 2010 or later) is in the hallway outside Studio C
Female over 13 (born 2009 or later) is in Studio D
All aged Males is at the beginning of the hallway outside Studio D
Family/Gender Neutral is in Studio E
DANCE N THINGS
Dance N Things is open for all your dance supply needs. Beginning September 5 we are Open
Monday to Friday 12:00pm-6:00pm and Saturdays 8:30am-1:00pm. We are Closed on Sunday
and all Statutory Holidays. If you require Pointe Shoes or Demi Pointe Shoes please call ahead
for an appointment.
Judy Russell Presents Summer 2024 Production:
Must sing, act, and dance
- Friday, September 15, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday, September 16, 2:30pm-5:00pm
- Email email@example.com for an appointment
Judy Russell & the PGSO present The Nutcracker
- Performance dates – December 14-17, 2023
- Must be available for Dress Rehearsals – December 3-13, 2023
- Dancers MUST be taking RAD Ballet (Pre Primary to Advanced 2) weekly to audition
- Dancers should come in ballet attire. Hair should be in a ballet bun (female)
Sunday, September 17
12:00-12:45 – All Genders-Pre Primary to Grade 2
1:00-1:45 – All Genders-Grade 3-Grade 6-Soft Shoe
2:00-3:00 – En Pointe-Intermediate Foundation-Advanced 2, Adults-Must have been en pointe for a minimum of 1 year.
3:15-4:15 – All Genders-Intermediate to Advanced 2 Adult Auditions will be held on a later date